Freitag, 12. Mai 2017

[PETRIE] Me has Goooooooooooold!!!

Hi, me P-Petrie a-and me g-gonna show you how me take over world in Civ 4 with friends... Well, me try that. *chuckles nervously*

This be what my land look like, me think it pretty decent
It have lotsa resources and lotsa water. Me think it no matter where first city is coz' there no bad place that me can see. So me make decision quick.
Me actually find more Gold, me gonna be rich!
Me also got marble, that good if me want to build Wonder one day. Me not sure yet. Ahem, once borders expand in turn 5, me get the gold and 3 food [Sea Lions in the west, sheep and corn in the north]

First me build scout so me can see what else on my island or if there more islands for Petrie!
Me want a religion, me always want religion. So me research Meditation first. That give me religion if me first get it.

Me also like my leader. [Nimrod from Austria, originally] Me cunning so me do all sorts of mean things and me spiritual so me gonna be super religion guy. Me play Khmer Empire which is also good at religion. It gonna be very strong, they no stand chance!

[Very accurate description Petrie *rolls eyes* Looks like I have to do the explaining again...

Cunning: (odds for Petrie at 16%, second favourite trait). Basically, it's all about Espionage... does not exist in the normal game btw, unique to the BASE mod...

  • Petrie can sort of "gain" some research points in combat (no matter who wins it) if the enemy has technologies he doesn't have AND if the enemy's in the same era or lower. So going at war might be an option for him :P
  • Spies can get promotions as well in BASE. Cunning leaders gain it twice as fast though.
  • All military units get a free Tactics promotion (30% chance to retreat from combat (only when attacking!) if the unit would otherwise lose the fight. Adds up nicely to the retreat odds some mounted units like Horse Archers have anyway!)
  • some extra espionage points, some more with Alphabet
  • Spies and a couple buildings are built faster
Now spiritual (odds at 14 %, his 3rd fav trait). As Petrie said, it's all about religion..

  • During Golden Ages, production and commerce is raised by 1 on any tile for a couple turns. Spiritual leaders get additional + 1 of both (so +2 in total!!!) 
  • The Technology "Mysticism" is free, allowing to go for religious technologies right away! (which Petrie is trying)
  • Religion always spreads successful + higher odds of random religion spread
  • faster production of  Fanatics (a special unit that can only be built in small  numbers because of its unique strength) as well as some religious buildings
Petrie's civ is the Khmer empire. Indeed, its advantages lie in religion so Petrie idea to try founding one is not too bad an idea (though he may end up with economic disadvantages in return because his workers can't build much (that is, once he has some)). Anyway, his early religious buildings are stronger (I'll explain how they work once somebody actually builds them) and the odds for any religion to spread in his cities is higher.

Apparently, Petrie doesn't seem to care much about his special units so I'll quickly show them to you too...

The Phak'ak Man is a much stronger version of the Spearman. He's strong enough to defeat even War Elephants easily though he's not stronger against units other than mounted units than a regular Spearman.

I'd have to look up which boni normal Machine Guns get since they've been updated in the BASE mod recently... Anyway, just looking at this... seems quite a bit stronger than the normal Machine Gun. If Petrie survives until this point in the game, he'll have a very strong unit to defend himself with (they can only defend)

War Elephants actually cause collateral damage when they attack in BASE. This special version of a War Elephant causes much more collateral damage + it attacks mounted units first (usually, the strongest unit is attacked.)
This building helps cities to grow faster which normal Aqueducts don't do. It's like a second Granary (which is an early building with that effect. The Baray also gives an additional culture point.

It doesn't seem like Petrie takes this story very serious so I'll probably have to fill in more often, ugh...]

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen